Safe Guarding Children Level 2
Aims and Objectives
Aims: To increase the students’ knowledge & understanding of mental health conditions and problems within their everyday role and give confidence to deal with clients who have a dual diagnosis.
Objectives: Students will be able to Identify & describe;
- Attitudes to mental illness
- Appropriate client support as required
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Use of appropriate communication and the difficulties associated with this
- General mental health conditions I.e. depression, anxiety, schizophrenia etc.
- Manage self-harming behaviour
- Use of appropriate documentation i.e. risk assessment & care planning etc.
- Support required for others
- Understand the role of safeguarding children and young people in various situations to keep them as safe as possible.
- Understand and identify the different types of abuse.
- Understand the proccess and procedure for reporting someone for suspected child abuse
- Understand the legislations that protect a children and young people in the UK.
Sr8 Group Related Products