This course gives an increased understanding of the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread. It also covers suitable Control precautions including methods of cleaning and waste disposal that help prevent the spread of infection, along with the personal protective equipment they can use for their own safety, and the law and guidelines that are in place to protect staff and service users.
Aims and Objectives
Aims: To increase the studentâ€™s knowledge & understanding of Infection control within their workplace role.
Objectives: Students will be able to Identify & describe;
- Common diseases and the chain of Infection
- Standard infection control procedures
- How to apply standard infection control procedures
- The correct management of spills
- How to manage waste correctly
- Roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
1 day (6 Hours)
Sr8 Group Related Products